Your Ad Here

Sunday, February 20, 2011

T. Rowe Price Raises Dividend

T. Rowe Price Group, Inc.’s (TROW - Analyst Report) board of directors approved a 15.0% hike in the company’s quarterly common stock dividend on Thursday. The revised quarterly dividend now stands at 31 cents per share compared with the previous amount of 27 cents. The revised dividend will be payable on March 29, to shareholders as of the close of business on March 15.

This marks T. Rowe’s 25th consecutive annual dividend increase, reflecting the company’s commitment to return value to shareholders with its strong cash generation capabilities. Prior to this revision, the company increased its dividend by 8% (from 25 cents to 27 cents per share) in February 2010.

Based in Baltimore, T. Rowe Price is a global investment management organization with $482.0 billion in assets under management (AUM) as of December 31, 2010. The organization provides a broad array of mutual funds, subadvisory services, and separate account management for individual and institutional investors, retirement plans and financial intermediaries. The company also offers refined investment planning and guidance tools.

We believe that despite active competition in markets, the company has a significant long-term upside potential based on its disciplined risk-aware investment approach which focuses on diversification, style consistency and fundamental research.

As of December 31, 2010, T. Rowe Price remains debt-free with substantial liquidity, including cash and mutual fund investment holdings of about $1.5 billion, which supports the company’s ability to continue investing for the future periods.

In 2010, the company paid roughly $278.9 million in dividends to common shareholders. Cash and cash equivalents exiting the year were $813.1 million. The company had $732.8 million in operating cash flows compared with $535.6 million as of December 31, 2009.

Earnings Recap

T. Rowe Price’s fourth-quarter 2010 earnings of 72 cents per share were significantly up from 57 cents reported in the prior-year quarter. Higher-than-expected results and better AUM were partially offset by increase operating expenses. Earnings for the quarter also surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate of 69 cents.

Based on its current strategic projects and plans, T. Rowe Price expects capital expenditures for fiscal 2011 to be approximately $120 million for property and equipment additions. The company anticipates funding these cash expenditures from internal resources.

Nevertheless, fundamentals remain strong with a debt-free position, higher return on earnings and improving investor sentiment. Further, relative mutual fund performance was also positive and we believe that in the long run, the company’s financial stability has the potential to take advantage of the gaining traction in the economy and benefit from the growth opportunities in the domestic and global AUM.

Moreover, the dividend increase reflects T. Rowe Price’s strong cash position and shareholders’ value to the company.

 Disclosure None.

2 comments:

  1. Now thats a record I admire Increasing your dividend for twentyfive years impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to bring this to the notice of the public about how I came in contact with Mr Pedro after I lost my job and was denied a loan by my bank and other financial institutions due to my credit score. I could not pay my children's fees. I was behind on bills, about to be thrown out of the house due to my inability to pay my rent, It was during this period my kids were taken from me by foster care. Then I set out to seek funds online where I lost $3,670 that I borrowed from friends which I was ripped off by two online loan companies. Until i read about Mr Pedro helping people with an loan online in which this email was stated (pedroloanss@gmail.com) somewhere on the internet, Still wasn't convinced because of what i have been through until a relative of mine who is a clergy also told me about the ongoing loan scheme  at a very low interest rate of 2% and lovely repayment terms without penalty for default of payment. I had no choice than to also contact them, which I did. Mr Pedro responded back to me. That day was the best and greatest day of my life which can never be forgotten when I received a credit alert for the $400,000.00 Usd loan amount I applied for. I utilized the loan effectively to pay up my debts and to start up a business and today my kids and I are so happy and fulfilled. You can also contact them through email: (pedroloanss@gmail.com / WhatsApp Text : +18632310632)   Why am I doing this? I am doing this to save as many that are in need of a loan not to be victims of scams on the internet. Thanks and God bless you all, I'm Oleksander Artem from Horizon Park BC , Ukrain.

    ReplyDelete